Our integrated design process encompasses 4 stages required to create your new home – project outline, design & selections, fabrication and construction within a short 20 weeks.
2 out of 20 weeks
Tell us what you’re after and we’ll offer a solution.
4 out of 20 weeks
Let’s work out the design and get you all the permits.
4 out of 20 weeks
Sit back, relax and pop a cold one while we get to work.
The process of planning your new home can often be overwhelming, especially if this is your first time. The visual tool below outlines the next steps involved with your project.
At ecokit, we want to make this journey as much simple and smooth as possible. We will work with you throughout the whole process, from design and documentation to the construction of your home.
01 Free Consultation
- design requirements
- level of service
- development of the briefing requirements
- a topographic survey including surrounding properties
- a geotechnical report and other relevant docs
03 Site Analysis
- orientation, sun paths & views
- access to site
- understanding of slope
- climate zone & micro-climate
- prevailing winds
- climate risks
Site Plan & Schematic Design
04 Site Plan & Schematic Design
- sketch plans drawn to scale including the building envelope, sketch floor plans, boundary setbacks and outdoor spaces (holistic overview of the site)
- preliminary concept of internal layout & elevations
- consideration of options
- suggestion of external materials/color scheme
- a project budget analysis and costs breakdown
05 Contract Documentation
- review documents for construction
- final budget overview
- creation of project timeline
06 Design Development
- interior layout, external elevations and materials selections
- all plans drawn to scale with sizes and dimensions added
- consult with authorities (regarding sewer, water, power etc)
- select all consultants (structural engineer, landscape designer, interior designer, building surveyor)
Preparation for fabrication
07 Preparation for fabrication
- ordering material
- digital files preparation
- liaison with manufacturer
- quality assurance
- logistics organisation
- tool hire
09 Post Construction
- contract adherence and defects period
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest eco-living news, inspiration and updates on our projects. Our free guides will help you to plan, design and build truly energy efficient, sustainable home. Join our community of thousands of future home builders to stay up to date with current trends, tips, tricks, and ideas.